Identifying Egg Freezing cycle fees
When comparing clinics, patients should know what each charges for of an egg freezing cycle but it is complicated to forecast the cost because a cycle can progress in a variety of different ways. More significantly, different clinics have different philosophies on what they choose to include in their egg freezing cycle costs and what additional items they say patients can, or must, add. The total cost can end up being hugely different from the cycle price initially advertised.
Here at Concept, our philosophy is to keep things simple; we rarely advise patients to take any add-ons because we think they are often not necessary, not proven, or are unlikely to improve the final result. We appreciate that patients often want to know what else they can do to improve their chances but often the best advice is to understand the statistics and add an additional simple cycle, rather than pay for a selection of expensive, irrelevant, extras. This allows us to give a reasonably accurate forecast of the total cost of an egg freezing cycle at Concept Fertility.
The bold items in our “included” list below are the items that some clinics may charge for in addition to the cycle fee. The bold items in the “excluded” list are ones which we almost always charge for in addition to our cycle fee. Note that the “excluded” list is not exhaustive and other clinics may add a variety of additional chargeable items.
Our Egg Freezing cycle fee includes:
- • Nurse planning and consents talk.
- • Counselling session (optional, unless advised by your doctor)
- • Medical and clinical guidance and support throughout
- • All monitoring ultrasound scans throughout the cycle.
- • All monitoring blood tests throughout the cycle.
- • Egg collection procedure.
- • Embryology lab procedures including egg vitrification
- • Cryogenic storage for 2 years
- • Follow-up consultation
Our Egg Freezing cycle fee excludes:
Prior to the cycle:
- • Diagnosis and viral screening
- • Any additional procedures (e.g. if you have an ovarian cyst)
During the cycle:
- • Medications
- • Sedation Fee
After the cycle:
- • Annual Cryogenic Egg Storage beyond the first two years.
- • Future Egg Thaw, Fertilisation and Transfer of resulting embryos.
- • Any further investigations or treatments during or between cycles.
What is the definition of a “cycle”?
It is important to know this when looking at costs because anything outwith a cycle is usually charged as an additional item. A cycle starts on “day 1” which is when menstruation starts, and lasts until the day of planned egg freeze.
Estimate of the total cost of an Egg Freezing cycle
|Egg Freezing cycle fee, including storage for 2 years||£3,500|
|HFEA fee (none applicable)||£0|
|Medications usually cost||between £450 and £1,300|
|Total projected cost of first Egg Freezing cycle at Concept:||Between £4,180 and £5,030|