Identifying IUI Cycle Fees
Three cycle packages for IUIs are suitable for patients who wish to have a price reduction for three cycles of treatment in the knowledge that, whilst many people do achieve a successful pregnancy after one cycle of IUI, it is more common for doctors to suggest that they prepare for up to three.
Our philosophy at Concept Fertility is to keep things simple and we rarely advise patients to have any add-ons because we think they are often not necessary, not proven, or are unlikely to improve the final result. We appreciate that patients often want to know what else they can do to improve their chances but often the best advice is to understand the statistics and try another simple cycle, rather than pay for a selection of expensive, irrelevant, extras. This allows us to give a reasonably accurate forecast of the total cost of our 3-cycle IUI packages.
The IUI 3-cycle package fee includes:
- • Nurse planning and consents talk.
- • Medical and clinical guidance and support throughout
- • All monitoring ultrasound scans within the cycles.
- • All monitoring blood tests within the cycles.
- • Embryology laboratory procedures (including sperm thaw where appropriate).
- • Insemination process
- • bHCG blood test 2 weeks after insemination
- • Follow-up consultation or 6-week pregnancy scan.
The IUI 3-cycle package fee excludes:
Prior to the cycle:
- • Initial consultation and diagnostic tests
- • Viral screening
- • Additional procedures (e.g. endometrial scratch)
- • Counselling, mandatory if using donor sperm
- • Donor sperm, if required
- • Donor sperm admin/storage
During the cycle:
- • Medications
- • Sedation fee, if required
- • HFEA fee, if using donor sperm
After the cycle:
- • Any further investigations or treatments during or between cycles
- • Any support required to maintain the pregnancy
What is the definition of a “cycle”?
It is important to know this when looking at costs because anything outwith a cycle is usually charged as an additional item. A cycle starts on “day 1” which is when menstruation starts, and lasts until the day of insemination.
Estimate of the total cost of the 3-cycle package
|IUI 3-cycle package fee using husband/partner sperm||£2,235|
|IUI 3-cycle package fee using donor sperm||£2,335|
|HFEA fee per cycle, if using donor sperm||£37.50|
|Medications (per cycle) usually cost between………………………………….||£20 to £300|
|Total projected cost of the 3-cycle package||£2,255 to £3,347.50|
Note that there are additional costs if you require donor sperm: the cost of the sperm itself and the cost of storing it. Also, if you wish to use a known-donor (a friend or relative willing to donate their sperm to you) there will be further screening and counselling costs.