- Ultrasound scans involve no needles or injections and they are usually painless.
- They are less expensive than some other imaging methods
- It uses no ionizing radiation
- Gives a clear picture of soft tissues that would not normally show up well on X–Ray images.
- It doesn’t cause health problems and if medically indicated it can be repeated again.
- It has been used to evaluate pregnancy for nearly forty years. There has never been any evidence to suggest that there is harm to the patient, embryo or fetus.
- Doctors are provided with lots of useful information from the ultrasound.
Categorised in: News
This post was written by Concept Fertility